ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > Whisky Bottle Date & Other Information Requests

Old 12-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Daniels

Default Is this Pre Prohibition Whiskey bottle

I have a bottle of Old Guardian Whiskey that I think may be Pre Prohibition. The front label says UNDER THE FOOD AND DRUG ACT JUNE 30TH 1906 SERIAL NO. 00841 The back of the bottle has a CAUTION NOTICE, ACT OF CONGRESS APPROVED MARCH 3RD 1897 and mentions stiff fines for misuse. It's bottled by EAST PENN DISTILLERY CHESWICK 23RD DISTRICT and distributed by H LEVINKIND.
Thanks
Dan

Old 12-13-2009, 11:16 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Default Old Guardian whiskey

Unfortunately I do not have additional information on Old Guardian whiskey other than it appears a Hyman Levinkind (Chicago) was in some way associated with this brand which was registered in 1906. Try contacting Kovels.com to see if they have more info and keep us posted!