ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > Whisky Bottle Date & Other Information Requests

Old 04-17-2010, 09:44 PM
KRAZZYLUV

Default Need Info on Bottle - Ye Whiskey Of Ye Fishers

Hi i purchased this bottle today it does not say ye monks whiskey though which is all i can find info on. Mine says ye whiskey of ye fishers and has alot of info on the front label. There is nothing stamped on the bottom but it does have a b imprinted in the clay. The back of the bottle reads federal law forbids sale or re use of this bottle then towards the bottom it says donald fisher ltd. Edinburgh scotland it also has the tax label on the neck and from the others i have seen my bottle is in excellent shape. The tax label is red and says 4/5 quart u.s. International revenue the bottom of the label says tax paid on the label in the middle in black it says seggerman slocum inc long island city,n.y. Then on the other part of the label on the other side of the neck it says 24016 id like to know if anyone can give me any info about this bottle at all. I think its neat. I CANT GET THE PICTURES TO UPLOAD ON HERE AT ALL. SO IF A MODERATOR MAYBE CAN EMAIL ME AND I CAN EMAIL THEM BACK.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Administrator & Owner ClubWhisky.com

To upload an attachment:

1) After writing your post look below your comment area and you will see a button called Manage Attachments.
2) Click on the button and you will see 4 areas to upload load files.
3) Once you choose the image from your computer, click on the "Upload Image button".
4) Once the image is uploaded you will see the image name under "Current Attachments"
5) Click on the Close Window button and the bottom and post your image.

The Second way to post an image from and existing URL web address:
1) First find the picture on the webpage and right click your mouse over it. Click on "Properties" at the bottom of the dropdown window.
2) Copy the entire address (URL) of the picture. It will look like this: http://whisky.com/brands/images/dalm...lmorelogo1.jpg
3) In your reply to this post you will see an small icon that looks like a picture of a mountain.
4) Click on it and post the address that you copied for your picture.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:05 PM

Click on my name and email me the photos. I will post them for you.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:20 PM
KRAZZYLUV

Default Ok lets try this now

I will try now to post them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BACK OF BOTTLE.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	529   Click image for larger version

Name:	BOTTOM OF BOTTLE.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	530   Click image for larger version

Name:	WHISKY BOTTLE NECK.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	531   Click image for larger version

Name:	UP CLOSE LABEL.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	532   Click image for larger version

Name:	NECK LABEL.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	533  

Old 04-17-2010, 10:57 PM

Looks great. Hopefully someone will have some information for you.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:10 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Default Ye Whiskey Of Ye Fishers - Donald Fisher Ltd, Edinburgh

At least up until 1980, Donald Fisher Ltd, Edinburgh was a subsidiary of Distillers Company Ltd. and today most of their assets are owned by Diageo. I will see if i can get some information on your bottle from our contacts in Diageo's Archive Department.

Thanks for the photos!
Old 04-18-2010, 05:36 PM
KRAZZYLUV

Thank you both so much for all the help. I was born in 81 so I dont know much about whisky. I just thought the bottle was very interesting and the price couldnt be beat. Any info would be appreciated. I have a small collection of older items. I got a great find on a barbie doll that turns out to be one of the very first barbies ever made. This piece added to my collections of goodies!
Old 04-23-2010, 04:59 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZZYLUV View Post
Thank you both so much for all the help. I was born in 81 so I dont know much about whisky. I just thought the bottle was very interesting and the price couldnt be beat. Any info would be appreciated. I have a small collection of older items. I got a great find on a barbie doll that turns out to be one of the very first barbies ever made. This piece added to my collections of goodies!
Your bottle is turning out to be quite a puzzler! Our contact in Diageo's Archive Department is only familiar with Ye Whisky of Ye Monks - and has yet to come across it labelled as `Ye Whisky of Ye Fishers'. It is thought that perhaps it had been produced for a specific market. They will hold on to the info and if anything surfaces, they'll let me know. Sounds like a good one to hold on to! Wish we had more to share with you.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:51 PM
KRAZZYLUV

Thank you for all of your help. I have not been able to find anything online about it either. I am usually pretty good about finding something even if it is a tidbit but this has been a stumper for me also. If you hear anything else just let me know. Thanks JoJo
Old 04-23-2010, 10:31 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Definitely will - hopefully someone will come across this thread and will chime in.....Now at least we know if someone else looks up this info, they'll find us! So, we wait.
Old 11-06-2016, 07:24 PM

Hi,
I am working on sale of an estate and came upon onevof the bottles spoken of in this thread. The bottle is empty..with cork intact. I wondered if any information had ever been found on it.
I'm stumped as far as fair pricing for my client.
Thank you
K

Tags
pictures, ye whiskey of ye fishers