ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Bourbons, Canadian, Tennessee, Collectibles and more...

Old 02-06-2013, 04:04 AM
Whisky.com Member

Default Anyone Heard of Ultra Premium Crown Club?

I am primarily a single malt scotch guy, however, I received an interesting bottle of Crown Royal as a gift and I would like an idea of its value before opening.

The bottle is labeled, Ultra Premium South Carolina Crown Club. I cannot find information on it anywhere. I am guessing it is a basic Crown with a fun label, but if it happens to be an XR or special reserve, I would just like to know. These "Ultra Premium" are produced for many states, that is about as much as I can find.

Any ideas?
Old 02-07-2013, 06:13 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

We'll see what we can find out. Can you upload a photo?
Old 03-19-2013, 11:37 PM
Whisky.com Member

I work at a liquor store in South Carolina. This is not a Crown Royal product... Believe me, our Crown salesman is very frustrated about this brand. There are several different brands with the same juice, with varying labels... Texas Crown, Florida Crown, Virginia Crown, and I believe it is being released in Georgia as Southern Crown due to a copyright issue with "Georgia Crown". The owner or president of the company came into our store and explained that he had the idea of marketing a Canadian whiskey in different markets as a more local (even though it's Canadian?) brand and a direct competitor of Crown Royal. It started in Texas and has grown from there. I'll tell you, the stuff has been selling, too! Certainly not as much as Crown, but still we sell bottles every day. And we get repeat customers, too. Not sure of our cost, but we sell the fifth for $19.97 and the half-gallon for 38.97. But you're right, you certainly can't find much about it online yet. Maybe that's intentional, as a lot of people assume it to be a Crown Royal product.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:03 AM
Whisky.com Member

Default here is a photo

I couldn't get the upload button for thus site to work on my phone, so I put it on tinypic: http://oi50.tinypic.com/14cfl1h.jpg
Old 03-20-2013, 02:08 AM
Whisky.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vote4dru View Post
I work at a liquor store in South Carolina. This is not a Crown Royal product... Believe me, our Crown salesman is very frustrated about this brand. There are several different brands with the same juice, with varying labels... Texas Crown, Florida Crown, Virginia Crown, and I believe it is being released in Georgia as Southern Crown due to a copyright issue with "Georgia Crown". The owner or president of the company came into our store and explained that he had the idea of marketing a Canadian whiskey in different markets as a more local (even though it's Canadian?) brand and a direct competitor of Crown Royal. It started in Texas and has grown from there. I'll tell you, the stuff has been selling, too! Certainly not as much as Crown, but still we sell bottles every day. And we get repeat customers, too. Not sure of our cost, but we sell the fifth for $19.97 and the half-gallon for 38.97. But you're right, you certainly can't find much about it online yet. Maybe that's intentional, as a lot of people assume it to be a Crown Royal product.
Thanks for the information. I guess that I don't have to worry about opening "the good stuff" then
Old 02-05-2016, 02:09 AM

Thumbs down

First post (created just for this!)

I live in CO and this popped up on my shelves for 20$. I was looking for the crown royal rye of course but with no luck saw this and at 20$ thought "man even if that's decent it would be a great find". I pulled out my phone to check out some reviews and really this was the only thing I could find. So I bought the Colorado crown ultra premium with good looking CO flag jacket!

Big mistake. Probably one of the worst smelling and tasting whiskies I've had to date. I drink a lot of scotch but truthfully have had plenty of bottom shelf whisky. This just smells like it was made in a glue factory.

Right after I write this I'm heading back over to grab something I can stand to drink (maybe just some mouthwash). I'd suggest anyone on this site to steer clear.

Tags
crown club - ultra premium, ultra premium crown club