Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Old 02-25-2013, 02:21 PM
Rdizz Rdizz is offline Member
Default Another How Much is My Whiskey Worth Thread (Jim Beam)

So I recently discovered in my parents in-law basement in Germany they have an unopened, with seal, bottle of Jim Beam that they got as a gift many years ago. They are not sure of the age but know that it is between 20-30 years old.
It has been stored in a cool, never more than 25c or 77 fahrenheit, dry area out of sunlight and is still very clear.

So my questions are
1- Are the contents worth anything (I know age in a bottle doesn't add much value if at all) or is the bottle worth anything?

2- Can anyone shed any light on the exact age and origin of this?

3- Is it safe to drink? If so what method is recommended?

Thanks in advance guys and girls.

jim beam