ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Bourbons, Canadian, Tennessee, Collectibles and more...

Old 10-07-2009, 08:57 AM
JDMan89

Default Jack Daniels Experts.. Please Help

Well, I am a lover a Jack Daniels and that is my drink of choice. Usually black label but have bought green label and gentleman on occasion. A new client of mine and I recently went out for some drinks and he noticed I am a Jack Daniels aficionado and told me he is trying to sell his collection. Now I'm no expert on Jack Daniels but know about the Gold collection and what not but I'll list what he is offering and I just want to know if its a good price and I should jump on it or if he's over-priced and I should still jump on it and make an offer.

1. Barrel House 1 Decanter- he says its in the original wooden crate with all info and that its worth about $500 and I'm skeptical about the price.
2. 1904 100th anniversary replica bottle full with 1.75L in a wood and glass display case.
3. Single barrel commemorative bottle sealed in wooden display case.
4. 70th and 75th anniversary decanters that sit side by side in a cherry wood display case.
5. 1904 gold medal series
6. 1905 gold medal series
7. 1913 gold medal series
8. 1914 gold medal series
9. 1915 gold medal series
10. 1954 gold medal series
11. 1981 gold medal series
12. 1796-1996 dicentennial decanter
13. 1850-2000 150th birthday decanter

He says that non of the bottles have ever been opened and they all have their orginial seals and tags with bottleing numbers. He is asking $1,000 for the whole collection. Is this fair, a good deal, should I make an offer, or pass on the collection? Any help or info is much appreciated.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Whisky.com's Jack Daniel's Expert

Hi there,

If like the guy says all bottles are full, sealed and in mint condition and he is asking (only) $ 1000,- for it I would say: "Go for it"
It's really a bargain !!
The barrelhouse will not do $ 500,-. I would say $ 250,- / $ 275,- is reasonable at the moment.

You always can make him an offer but is no"t ripping you off.

Let me know the outcome !!

Regards,

Edwin
Old 10-10-2009, 10:00 PM
ClubWhisky.com Master Taster

I've found that doing an Completed Listings ebay
search gives a good idea of what something may
be worth. $1000. for 14 bottles (12 & 1 set of
two) comes to about $70. apiece.

A quick ebay check shows:

1. Barrel House 1 Decanter - $90. to $155.
2. 1904 100th anniversary - $60 to $125.
4. 70th and 75th anniversary - $90. released Dec. 2008
5. 1904 gold medal series - $127.
6. 1905 gold medal series - $100.
7. 1913 gold medal series - $63. to $100.
8. 1914 gold medal series - $36. to $120.
9. 1915 gold medal series - $42. to $75.
10. 1954 gold medal series - $36. to $65.
11. 1981 gold medal series - $36. to $60.

The only way it seems to be a deal is if you're
buying to resell individually - you might come out
ahead of $70. per. Or if you're more a collector
than "fan" and want to add them to your stash.
If you're buying to drink higher proof JD (many of
those older ones are 90 or 86 proof as opposed
to the current 80), just drink Single Barrel.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:28 PM
jimi076

Default jack daniels mirror

hi, i won a jack daniels old no 7 mirror that is laser etched with gold leaf work and a plaque on the bottom of the frame which reads "est 1866 serial number s178f" and the only other one i've ever seen was on ebay and i missed what price it went for, but was starting to think it may be fairly rare, was just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about it and what it may be worth, as after many hours of searching many web sites i could not find another one in existenceClick image for larger version

Name:	JD MIRROR.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	250
Old 10-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimi076 View Post
hi, i won a jack daniels old no 7 mirror that is laser etched with gold leaf work and a plaque on the bottom of the frame which reads "est 1866 serial number s178f" and the only other one i've ever seen was on ebay and i missed what price it went for, but was starting to think it may be fairly rare, was just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about it and what it may be worth, as after many hours of searching many web sites i could not find another one in existenceAttachment 250
Can you please upload a bigger picture so I can have a closer look.
Especially the bottom of the frame.

Thanks
Old 10-27-2009, 04:05 AM
jimi076

Hi will post a bigger better pic, just trying to find a better cam for the job.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:44 PM
jimi076

Default j d mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can you please upload a bigger picture so I can have a closer look.
Especially the bottom of the frame.

Thanks
hi thanx unregistered< hope these pics will make it easier to identify it and find some info on it?

thanking you in advance
jimi076
Attached Thumbnails
j d mirror good1.jpg   j d mirror plaque.jpg  
Old 11-04-2009, 07:16 AM

Hi there again.
About the mirror. As I look at, it it could be an Australian edition. The plaque at the bottom is typical "Aussie". A lot of cradles have the same.
I do not think it is very old because it does not say 90 proof. Still a very nice mirror!

Greetings,

Edwin
Old 01-02-2010, 09:29 PM
mcgyver

Default Jack Daniel's 1904 mirror

Hello:

First time poster here, with a Jack Daniel's mirror. I believe it to be quite old, and looking for help in determining that. It is approximately 10" wide by 14" high, wood framed. It has an ovaled portion that says (among other things), "90 proof", "Gold medal winner", "1904 St. Louis World's fair Exposition".

Outside the oval, it is red, inside is black and gold. There is a perimiter/border around the oval that is clear, as well as the words "Jack Daniel's" also being clear. Behind that clear see-through portion you can see silver embossed type material, and in moving the back of the mirror slightly, you can see that this silver is a separate sheet laying behind the glass.

The red border is showing age around the edges, being dried-out crackling.

I have never seen a modern mirror made in this fashion, leading me to believe it may be quite old.

Anyone help? I can take a picture and post it, if necessary.

my thanks,

Dave

aka mcgyver
Old 01-05-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgyver View Post
Hello:

First time poster here, with a Jack Daniel's mirror. I believe it to be quite old, and looking for help in determining that. It is approximately 10" wide by 14" high, wood framed. It has an ovaled portion that says (among other things), "90 proof", "Gold medal winner", "1904 St. Louis World's fair Exposition".

Outside the oval, it is red, inside is black and gold. There is a perimiter/border around the oval that is clear, as well as the words "Jack Daniel's" also being clear. Behind that clear see-through portion you can see silver embossed type material, and in moving the back of the mirror slightly, you can see that this silver is a separate sheet laying behind the glass.

The red border is showing age around the edges, being dried-out crackling.

I have never seen a modern mirror made in this fashion, leading me to believe it may be quite old.

Anyone help? I can take a picture and post it, if necessary.

my thanks,

Dave

aka mcgyver

Yes please post some pictures so I can have a look.

Thanks,

Edwin
Old 01-06-2010, 04:33 AM
mcgyver

Default Jack Daniels mirror

If this works right, there will be a picture of the mirror posted. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

my thanks,

mcgyver
Attached Thumbnails
Jack Daniel's.jpg  
Old 01-07-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgyver View Post
If this works right, there will be a picture of the mirror posted. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

my thanks,

mcgyver
Ok McGyver,

Originally listed in 1980's Lynchburg Hardware and General store catalog for US$ 18.50 (page 47)
This mirror is handpainted backwards-- (well, from the inside,anyway)-- these used to run anywhere from US$ 35.00 to US$ 55.00-- now they are going for less-- but when the economy improves......

Hope it helps you.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:12 AM
mcgyver

Default Jack Daniel's mirror

Thanks for the information, very helpful.

mcgyver
Old 02-04-2010, 01:19 AM
sammerman2000

Default Bought posters need help!

I recently bought a couple of jack posters but i'm not sure of what their history or price is? Please help! I have attached pics!
Attached Thumbnails
100_9255.jpg   100_9256.jpg   100_9257.jpg   100_9258.jpg  
Old 02-04-2010, 01:44 AM
sammerman2000

Default Jack posters

I just bought a couple of jack posters I believe they are antiques. If anyone can give me any help concerning the posters histories and what they are worth I would appreciate it!
Attached Thumbnails
100_9255.jpg   100_9256.jpg   100_9257.jpg   100_9258.jpg  
Old 04-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Smile Jack Daniels 1904 Mirror

Hey guys.

I have a Jack Daniel's 1904 Gold medal mirror. Its very similar to 'McGyver's' mirror. But with one crucial difference. Where his has a red background mine is just a mirror. I would attach a photo but unfortunately I cant see how to. Have you heard about mirrors like this? and do you know how much it will be worth? (I have not seen one like this before.
Many thanks guys.

John
Old 04-20-2012, 05:59 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey guys.

I have a Jack Daniel's 1904 Gold medal mirror. Its very similar to 'McGyver's' mirror. But with one crucial difference. Where his has a red background mine is just a mirror. I would attach a photo but unfortunately I cant see how to. Have you heard about mirrors like this? and do you know how much it will be worth? (I have not seen one like this before.
Many thanks guys.

John
John, we definitely need you to post photos, but you'll need to register here on the Whisky.com Forum first. Do that and keep us posted on whether you still need help with images.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Whisky.com Member

Default Jack Daniels 1904 Mirror

Hey Jojo.
Thanks for getting back to me so Quickly. Here is the image for you.

I have no idea if this link will work.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Whisky.com Member

Default Curious!

A friend of mine has a 55 gallon barrel of Jack Daniels that his parent bought him for his birthday... As it is not mine I do not have a picture of it. All I know is that is black wood and has all the markings like a Jack Daniels bottle. We were wondering how much something like that would be worth? He has only had it for about 2 years. Thanks!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:59 PM
jacksparrow

Default jack

how much do you want for this or are you looking for one
Old 11-17-2013, 06:14 PM

Default need some knowledge

I have two bottles if Jack Daniels Silver Cornet. They are not sealed but are still full.and no box... Not really sure of much of anything about them. If any one can give me some knowledge about them and Wat they could be worth possibly I'd greatly appreciate it. I have no use for them so let me know also if you'd be interested. Thanks you.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:39 AM

Default Help

I have jack Daniels 1981 gold winner signed by jimmy Bedford
The box and bottle just was wondering the value
Old 11-27-2013, 01:41 AM

Default Help

I have jack Daniels 1981 gold winner signed by jimmy Bedford
The box and bottle just was wondering the value bottle is unopened box is mint cond

Tags
antique, jack daniels